Tb testing available Tuesday, return for read on Thursday.
All other services walk in. Arrive 15 minutes prior to closing to ensure adequate time to be seen.
Minor Medical Care
- Upper respiratory infections
- Sore throats
- Urinary tract infections/testing
- Minor sprains and strains
- Stomach problems
- Skin problems
- Blood pressure screening
- Vision screening
- Physical exams required for classes, as time permits
- Other services provided by a Nurse Practitioner or RN
Immunization and Testing
- Hepatitis B (at cost)
- Flu shots
- TB skin testing
- Measles, mumps, rubella (available at Public Health, $17 for Health Occupations students)
- Hematocrit, Hemoglobin
- Strep throat
- Stress management
- Health and lifestyles
- Breast self exam
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Migraines and headaches
- Height and weight
All clinic services are free of charge, except Hepatitis B immunizations. These services are funded by student health fees. Students must pay the cost of off-campus services including necessary lab and x-ray, prescription medications, and medical referrals not covered by individual insurance plans.
Personal Risk Management
- Personal risk assessments
- Health and lifestyle counseling
- Consultation and referral
Lending Library (as available)
- UC Berkeley Wellness letters
- Books on health topics
- Health promotion videotapes and audiocassettes
- Self-esteem and inner management
Make Health a Priority!
Set specific, measurable goals. Plan rewards for each good health goal you achieve. Even small lifestyle changes can lead to a healthier life.
- Make regular exercise a part of your routine.
- Eat a diet low in fats, salt and cholesterol.
- Get plenty of sleep each night.
- Learn to manage stress.
- If you smoke or use tobacco — quit.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Drink alcohol only in moderation and remember: alcohol and driving never mix.
- Reach out to others.
- Take time to smell the roses.
- Look for the humor in life.