Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education
CARE is a supplemental program to EOPS that is designed to provide the extra help a single parent may need to achieve his or her academic and career goals, and end their dependency on public assistance.
Every CARE student is an EOPS student; therefore the student must meet both EOPS and CARE program eligibility requirements.
To qualify for the CARE program, the following requirements must be met:
- Meet the eligibility requirements for EOPS
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be designated as a single-parent/single-head of household
- Be currently receiving CalWORKs /TANF/Tribal TANF cash aid for yourself and/or your child/children.
- Have at least one dependent child under the age of 14.
- Be enrolled full-time upon admission into the program or receive a waiver for less than full-time enrollment (see counselor or advisor for request).
Program Benefits Based on Available Funding:
- Cash Grant
- Transportation Assistance
- Meal Card
- Extra Book/Supply Grant
CARE Supplemental Application Below:
Please fill out and return to the Eureka EOPS office or your EOPS representative at your campus.
CARE Supplemental Application.pdf